Close up of a person holding a passport and plane tickets at the airport

Immigration Lawyer

If you're facing deportation or seeking citizenship, it's crucial to have a New York City immigration attorney on your side.

Our law firm can gather the evidence needed to justify your goal of remaining in the United States.

Learn why people in Manhattan and White Plains, NY, trust the immigration lawyers at the Law Office of Michael H. Joseph, PLLC...

Why You Need an Immigration Attorney

Familiarity with the Court

Every application filed with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or Immigration Court has its own set of general rules and requirements. Our immigration lawyers understand what satisfies those general rules and requirements thanks to their work on many immigration cases over the years.

Immigration Law Knowledge

Immigration laws are always changing based on the political climate and the current administration. An immigration lawyer can inform you of green card and visa requirements, and keep you updated on how new statutes affect your immigration status.

Keeping You on Track

Immigration procedures can be complicated, with lots of paperwork to complete and strict filing deadlines. When you work with an immigration lawyer, he can help keep you on schedule with green card, visa, and immigration procedures.

Fighting Deportation

If you or a family member are faced with deportation, it's crucial that you speak with an immigration lawyer right away. We have represented green card holders as well as undocumented workers throughout New York.

For lawful permanent residents who have lived in the U.S. for 7 years and have a clean criminal record, we can seek a cancellation of removal. Even non-permanent residents may be eligible for cancellation of removal if they've been in the country for 10 years and can demonstrate good moral conduct. In addition, you can prevent deportation if your removal from the country would result in an unusual hardship on a family member residing in the U.S.

Even if you have a criminal record, our attorneys can work to obtain a waiver for certain criminal convictions that can improve your chances of avoiding deportation.

Seeking Asylum

Staying in the U.S. for Your Safety

If you are scared of being harmed upon return to your country of origin, seeking asylum may be your best chance to remain in the United States. The reason for this fear could be based on your race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or your political opinions. Legal status within the country does not matter so long as you face a threat of persecution and file for asylum within the first year of entry into the U.S.

Our attorneys can guide you through the requirements of the asylum process, and help you apply for asylum in a timely manner. If your asylum is denied and referred to immigration court, an immigration lawyer will be crucial for presenting your case. An immigration attorney is also helpful to appeal your case if the court denies you asylum.

Do You Have an Immigration or Green Card Issue? Speak with Our Immigration Attorneys Today

If you or a loved one are facing the threat of deportation or have run into issues with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), it's crucial that you speak with an immigration lawyer at the Law Office of Michael H. Joseph. Our locations in Manhattan and White Plains allow us to help New Yorkers in need of diligent representation.

We offer free case evaluations, helping the people of New York get the legal services they need without pressure or obligation. We can discuss your legal status and address any immigration issues you may be facing. Our lawyers can offer timely legal advice whether you live in Brooklyn, Queens, Harlem, the Bronx, Staten Island, Manhattan, or just outside of New York City.

To speak with an immigration attorney about your case, contact our law firm online. You can also reach our lawyers by phone.

Law Office of Michael H. Joseph in New York City


Call Our Attorneys Today

(212) 858-0503

Hablamos Español


Our lawyers can conduct business in English and in Spanish, helping you understand the nuances of immigration law, and allowing us to understand all of your concerns. This allows our law firm to serve Spanish-speaking communities throughout New York City.

Attorneys Who Stand with the People of New York Reviews for Our Manhattan and White Plains Law Offices


Rian W


Google logo

Mr. Joseph is a pleasant and understanding attorney that will fight hard to resolve disputes. His work product is of the highest quality in the business. He's willing to invest his time into cases so you'll to be in the best position to win.

View on Google

Adrienne Kaczynski


Google logo

I'm quite satisfied with the services Mr. Joseph provided me. I heard about them from a local ad and figured I'd give them a shot, and it's worked out well. They have reasonable fees compared to other lawyers and they knew what they were doing.

View on Google

Spouse and Partner Visas

Marriage is a common way to secure a spouse's entry into the United States. The Law Office of Michael H. Joseph can assist with both fiancé visas and marriage visas. A fiancé visa would help bring your spouse to the United States so long as you get married within 90 days of entry. A marriage visa allows your spouse to enter the country after getting married in their country of origin.

Issues may arise based on your spouse's criminal record or other factors, which is why it's important to have an attorney who understands the immigration process and the nuances of the law.

Naturalization and Citizenship

Once you are a citizen, you cannot be deported, which is why it's prudent to apply for citizenship if you have the opportunity. Even permanent residents or people who have lived in the country for decades may be deported for minor criminal infractions.

If you are a permanent resident and have obtained your green card through marriage to a U.S. citizen, you are eligible to apply for naturalization after three years. If you obtained your green card in any other method, you are eligible to apply for citizenship after five years.

These naturalization petitions are often cumbersome and confusing, but an immigration lawyer can assist with preparing these forms, maximizing your chances of being approved for citizenship.

Locations in Manhattan and White Plains

New York City

Our Manhattan law office is here to help the large and diverse immigration population of New York. Located in Midtown, we are easily accessible to people in all five boroughs.

Westchester County

Our office in White Plains is accessible to immigrants and their families. Whether you live in Westchester County or commute into New York for work, we are here to help.

Proudly Serving Immigrants in New York Our Attorneys Are Here to Help You and Your Family


Kris Santos


Google logo

Mr. Joseph is not a guy who likes to waste time, and he respects yours as well. He's very much available whenever you need him. If there's a reason to talk, he will return your emails or calls. I appreciated that.

View on Google

Brent Douglas


Google logo

The attorney really understood my legal matter and made sure that I was up to date on everything that was going on. I appreciated the promptness and I would recommend this practice to anyone I know.

View on Google
The Law Office of Michael H. Joseph, PLLC

Law Office of Michael H. Joseph, PLLC

The Law Office of Michael H. Joseph, PLLC, has been helping injured victims recover compensation for their injuries for over a decade. Our attorneys are members of several prestigious organizations, including: 

  • New York State Trial Lawyers Association
  • American Association for Justice
  • New York County Bar Association
  • Westchester County Bar Association

To request your free initial consultation with our team, call our New York City office at (212) 858-0503 or our White Plains office at (914) 574-8330. You can also request a case review online.

Contact Us Today

Rate, Review & Explore

Social Accounts Sprite
About Us
Our Locations
Personal Injury
Construction Accidents
Auto Accidents

About Us

Our Locations

Personal Injury

Construction Accidents

Auto Accidents

Google map image of our location in 18 W 33rd St Ste 400 New York, NY

New York Office

18 W 33rd St
Ste 400
New York, NY 10001

Closed Today

Google map image of our location in 203 E Post Rd  White Plains, NY

White Plains Office

203 E Post Rd
White Plains, NY 10601

Closed Today

Tell us a bit about yourself...

(212) 858-0503 Send a message